Strategic Relationship Manager
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are seeking a Strategic Relationship Manager who has experience forming and fostering strong relationships. The primary focus will be to maximize our customer’s experience and ensure that Bandwidth can be better positioned to maintain and grow our existing share of wallet. In this role, you will navigate our customers’ organizational structure to align with key decision makers, understand their strategic goals, and work to mitigate competitive risks.
What You’ll Do:
- Meet with customers on a consistent basis and work quickly to understand their issues, uncover roadblocks, and provide effective solutions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Connect the appropriate internal stakeholders with customers through matrix selling.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of Bandwidth’s products and services and educate customers on future roadmap plans to align with their strategy and continue to meet their needs.
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell as new products are introduced.
- Familiarize yourself with the market and competitive landscape to advocate for the customer and their needs.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of new campaigns, programs, and tools directed toward retention objectives.
- Monitor customer health metrics to proactively identify risks and develop prescriptive plays that would mitigate against potential churn.
- Communicate risk clearly with all stakeholders and ensure CRM forecasts are updated regularly.
What You Need:
- Bachelor Degree, Business, Marketing/Sales, or relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of sales experience with 5+ years managing existing customers.
- 2+ years of telecom sales experience, preferably selling into large accounts.
- History of meeting and exceeding sales quota.
- A deep understanding of the complexities around product and technology integrations.
- Knowledge of telecommunications technologies, particularly SIP voice and voice networking with a familiarity of SMS/text messaging being a plus.
- Understanding of the telecommunications industry, trends, and competitive landscape.
- Extensive prospecting skills with a proven track record of identifying and closing large and complex opportunities.
- Exceptional presentation skills with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think strategically, analyze, and solve problems quickly.
- Attentive to details with strong organizational skills.
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.