Substitute Teacher (Ohana)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Ohana is looking for Substitute Teachers interested in working on a part time basis to step in for teachers as needed (10 to 30 hours per month.) Potential for advancement/promotion to a full time teaching position.
Ohana Child Development Center provides the highest quality Montessori/RIE based programming for children 4 months to 5 years of age. Ohana Child Development Center serves the families of Bandwidth employees, and is located in the Bandwidth Raleigh, NC Headquarters.
What You’ll Do:
- Managing physical care of children (including diapering and toileting) using Montessori and RIE techniques.
- Able to adapt to ever changing environments, accepts constructive feedback, and implements appropriate action.
- Is flexible to the daily business demands of the Center, including scheduled working hours and room assignments
- Ensure the daily care of every child by following all school/ classroom procedures and standards as well as all licensing guidelines.
- Ensure visual supervision and child safety at all times.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized classroom environment
- Models appropriate pro social behavior and redirects children when appropriate using positive discipline strategies.
- Form relationships with families, children, and co-teachers that are respectful of individual differences and culture, family styles and cultural/socioeconomic diversity.
- Communicates important information to co teachers regarding aspects of the children and classroom.
- Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of Ohana and Bandwidth at all times.
- Keep up with required training hours & certifications according to licensing
- Available on call and last minute scheduling.
- Duties and hours may vary
What You Need:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalency (GED)
- Willingness to learn Montessori/RIE practices
- Specific requirements set by minimum state standards and/or accreditation. Ohana Child Development Center will provide the following trainings:
- Pass a criminal background check
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- ITS-SIDS Safe Sleep Training (for those who work with infants)
- Recognizing and Responding to Suspicions of Child Maltreatment training
- TB Screening
- Health Questionnaire
- Early Childhood Certificate
- Experience working with infants/toddlers and/or preschool age children. Particularly in a Montessori/RIE program.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.