Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Intern – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
We are seeking a Technical Assistance Center (TAC) Intern to collaborate with our API support team and assist with our efforts to develop new tools to streamline and automate our troubleshooting processes. This position requires technical expertise in Local and Wide Area Networks, API interactions, VOIP and SIP Trunking /SMS and MMS Messaging.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist the TAC API team to provide technical support to customers for our communication APIs, including Voice, Messaging, 911 and Number Management.
- Collaborate with the TAC API team to enhance existing and develop new tools to streamline manual troubleshooting processes.
- Professional communications with customers in troubleshooting reported issues.
- Manage ticket progress to address and resolve customer issues within Service Level Agreement requirements.
- Partner with customer’s IT support personnel in resolution of issues.
What You Need:
- Currently enrolled in a degree program related to Computer Science and/or Telecommunications / Networking.
- 0-3 years experience
- Experience developing and managing applications that interact with REST APIs.
- Knowledge with one (or more) of the following programing Languages. C#, Java, JS, PHP, Python, Ruby.
- Familiarity with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and Session Initiation Protocol (SIP). Additional skills in Public Switching Telephone Network (PSTN) are a plus.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.