Telecom Fraud Analyst (9PM-6AM)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
We are looking for a passionate and talented Telecom Fraud Analyst (9PM-6AM) to help throttle fraudulent traffic for a growing company that provides the power to communicate. This person will open, solve and close Fraud/AUP violation related trouble tickets. You will monitor network data, identify fraudulent activity and execute fraud mitigation exercises against robocalls, messaging SPAM, toll fraud, scam calls and network abuse.
What You’ll Do:
- Support all products exposed to fraud and abuse 24x7x365 (occasional evenings & weekends may be required).
- Prioritize, investigate and act on fraud-related trouble tickets.
- Analyze reports, call detail records (CDR) and alarms to determine the best course of fraud mitigation actions.
- Work with LECs, IXCs, ISPs on mutual fraud mitigation activities.
- Identify fraudulent trends by analyzing network data and behaviors.
- Work with internal teams in order to assist with escalations as needed and to assist in creating reports for customers as needed.
What You Need:
- Associate’s Degree, Military experience, or equivalent of at least 2 yrs telecom exp.
- Customer service, basic phone service experience, and Excel experience.
- Basic telecom knowledge.
- Ability to utilize processes, tools, and techniques for detecting, addressing and preventing fraudulent activity.
- Candidates with Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement backgrounds are welcomed.
- Ability to analyze trends, spot anomalies, and investigate unusual events and network behaviors.
- Ability to work with legal colleagues and law enforcement entities on fraudulent matters.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with team members, leadership, vendors, and customers.
- Must be extremely ethical, able to maintain confidentiality, and protect critical information.
- Telecom fraud mitigation experience, knowledge of telecom-related fraud behaviors
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.