User Experience (UX) Design Intern – Summer 2022
Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
As the User Experience (UX) Design Intern at Bandwidth, you’ll be working alongside a team of top-notch experts to create amazing, efficient experiences for customers. You must be passionate about user interface design and creating delightful experiences for our customers. You’ll analyze processes, quantitative data, and customer feedback to design real-world web application interfaces using wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with product managers and developers to build real products
- Meet with organization leaders to set and understand business goals and technology
- Design product features and workflows
- Prototype and iterate based on customer feedback
- Present concepts and design decisions to product managers and developers
- Ensure usability of application interfaces and other web properties
What You Need:
- Empathy to understand the perspective of users and other stakeholders
- A genuinely collaborative attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in presentation and documentation
- Experience with most user experience: user research, prototyping, interaction design, and visual design
- Experience designing and concepting using Figma or the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Xd, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Interest and/or experience in data visualization
- Ability to write or give feedback on UI copy
- Participated in a new product development initiative
- Experience writing HTML and CSS
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- A passion for keeping up with the most recent technology and business trends
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.