Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
The Bandwidth In-House Studio is growing with the addition of a Video Editor/Cinematographer! We are looking for a person who both thrives behind the lens and the edit bay. You’d be responsible for coordinating, concepting, and executing video content for various marketing audiences. From developing shots lists and moodboards, to setting up for interviews, we want someone who enjoys both sides of the pipeline and isn’t afraid to hunt down a story.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the Studio Director to concept and execute various productions across the org, both locally and globally, in studio and on location.
- Work with the Marketing Brand & Segment teams to develop high-quality, engaging storytelling content that strives to drive revenue.
- Maintain gear for our in-house studio and determine production specific needs of a shoot.
- Execute work that includes: editing, directing, photography, & light motion graphics.
- Thorough understanding of the video production process from planning, script writing, videography, file/footage management, and the post production process.
- Intermediate understanding of color theory, lighting techniques, typography, and color correction.
- Understand brand standards and how to translate them to a moving image context.
- Receive and implement notes on cuts from project stakeholders.
- Deliver final video product to the required platform specifications on a tight deadline.
- Ability to work independently, with a variety of co-workers, supervisors and managers.
- Travel as required 5-10%.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art or Art with a concentration in video production, communications, or film.
- 4+ years of experience in video production, strong portfolio demonstrating proficiency in editing and videography.
- Experience working in an agency, production company, or in-house creative setting. Portfolio samples required.
- Thorough familiarity with various lighting, camera, and grip equipment.
- Thorough understanding of the video production process from discovery, planning, script writing, videography, and management of the post production process.
- Able to translate a script or storyboard into shot lists and schedules for production.
- Requires knowledge of multimedia related software including, but not limited to Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Adobe Media Encoder.
- Project Management, Pre/Post Production, and Adobe Creative Suite experience.
The Whole Person Promise:
We make a “Whole Person” promise to our team. You can have both meaningful work PLUS a full life at Bandwidth. We focus on accomplishing our mission as “whole people.” That means we take care of our people—in body, mind, and spirit.
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Generous paid time off (PTO) policy including paid parental leave, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunch with a paid gym membership for workouts. On-site cardio gym, locker room/showers, classes, and sponsored sports and leagues. Nutritionist and personal trainer on-site.
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares.