Who We Are:
Bandwidth lives for innovation! Our technology powers brands like Google, Microsoft, GoDaddy, Arlo, Netgear, Zoom, Rover and more of the most exciting leaders in technology. Our intelligent voice, messaging, 9-1-1 access, and phone number services— all backed by Bandwidth’s own nationwide, all-IP voice network—allow us to power the way people communicate, connect, and do business.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
The Voice Engineer supports the core of Bandwidth’s voice infrastructure in the current 65+ countries of operations. You are responsible for the maintenance and operation of the current infrastructure as well as the architecture and implementation of any new interconnection. You find creative solutions to solve difficult problems and tackle the unexpected.
You will be working at a central position between Carrier Operations, Carrier Relations
Managers, Research and Development teams and NOC support so our voice network can serve our customers.
Because machines never sleep, you also take part in an on-call rotation to solve problems at night and you propose solutions for them to break at night a lot less.
What You’ll Do..
● Helping transition the world from TDM/SS7 links to IP.
● Engineering and implementing large voice clusters used to interconnect through IP with
● Reviewing technical specifications from carriers and translate them into development
● Finding solutions for complex integrations with new SIP providers.
● Implementing needed monitoring and suggesting improvements on the current install base.
● Supporting and maintaining internal tools used to monitor and forecast capacity.
● Configuring and maintaining SS7 & ISDN infrastructure.
● Tier 2 support for NOC and Carrier Operations team.
● Guiding datacenter remote hands in order to install and maintain hardware in our various point of presences.
● Traveling to locations when remote hands is not possible in order to timely install needed equipment.
What You’ll Need
You have a good knowledge of Linux and SIP protocol. On top of those basics, you can check several boxes of the list below:
● MySQL / MariaDB
● Heartbeat /Keepalive
● At least three years’ experience in the IT or Telecom industry
● You have knowledge of scripting languages like bash, Python & others
● You care about Security
● Self-motivation – your team can rely on you to get the job done
● Ability to prioritize in a dynamic, ever-changing environment
● Fluent in English
● A resourceful person with a creative mindset
● Able to work in a highly critical situation
● Rigorous (and has an eye for detail)
● Excellent communicator
Sound good? We’re offering…
• A fantastic working environment, Avenue Louise
• A place where you will be fully supported and encouraged to achieve great things and learn
• A chance to join a company with huge growth plans and constant change
• Frequent social events and activities
• Free healthy snacks and drinks (including fancy coffee)
• Public transport allowance
• Daily lunch allowance
• Pension plan
• Hospitalization insurance
• Company laptop, phone and mobile plan
Because We care…
Bandwidth is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to bolster diversity & inclusion in our workplace and wherever our employees are based. Any individuals seeking employment at Bandwidth are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.