Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Need
We’re looking for a VoIP Engineer who gets things done and is capable of being a leader on a self-organized Agile durable team. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a master artisan. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over simplifying the complex and a love for using creativity to build elegant solutions, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do
You’re going to scale and simplify our world. You’ll be a member of one of our VoIP teams, and a contributing voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts. You’ll collaborate with peers to build and refactor VoIP networks in a scalable, reliable and repeatable way. You’ll lead the charge on the next evolution of Bandwidth’s global voice network. You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it, and you’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft.
What You’ll Need
- While years of experience is an imperfect measure, you’ve spent 2+ years as a SRE/devops engineer with a passion for VoIP or a VoIP engineer with a passion for automation
- You have a keen understanding of SIP and have administrated open source VoIP applications like Asterisk, Freeswitch, Kamailio, Opensips
- You have identified and solved scaling problems in complex VoIP networks
- You are very comfortable working in and troubleshooting Linux
- You have experience with instrumentation, metrics, and observability
- You are used to working closely with developers, site reliability engineers and operational teams to communicate the nuances of a complex VoIP network
- You have some scripting skills, know IP networking and basic REST APIs
- You’re familiar with RDBMS and can troubleshoot performance problems
- You have a track record of identifying, distilling requirements and resolving problems/creating solutions
- You’re passionate about overall product quality, and leading your team to increase it
- You are fluent in English
- You have experience working with Ribbon, AudioCodes and WebRTC
- You rely heavily on Python and Ansible to enable your success
- You have leveraged AWS or another cloud platform to deploy VoIP applications
- You are a resourceful person with a creative mindset
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.