VP of Sales (EMEA)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Vice President, EMEA Sales will be responsible for leading all non US new logo sales and existing business across a broad spectrum of account sizes, industries, and segments. This position is responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue objectives, building and developing their sales organization, and removing obstacles which prevent revenue growth.
They must have a proven track record of acquiring new customers in the Fortune 500, Large, Mid, and Emerging market categories and have a proven track record of strong leadership qualities and ownership. The role involves managing a team of leaders with varying levels of experience and industry knowledge. They must also demonstrate success in the ability to plan and execute against a business plan that involves not only the opportunity creation and customer acquisition but the additional top of the funnel metrics that lead to long term repeatable success. This includes collaborating with marketing to identify the total addressable market, building strategic, large, mid, and emerging account plans, and selling into multiple levels of leadership.
The ideal candidate will be a capable and experienced senior professional with strong communications skills, mastery of the sales methodologies applied to strategic sales, and demonstrated understanding of telecommunications, APIs, and software
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute on strategy for driving EMEA revenue in new logo and existing business
- Meet or exceed Bandwidths international DBNRR targets
- Create and maintain an accurate sales pipeline creation plan and reporting through our CRM tool.
- Responsible for coaching, performance management, and career development of all direct reports.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with multiple contacts at each account; develop a deep understanding of each customer’s business and identify opportunities to upsell additional Bandwidth products
- Collaborate with the Product Team and other departments in developing strategies for the pursuit and growth of new customer revenue.
- Responsible for ensuring sales teams are equipped with the product, system, and selling-skills training that they are required to be successful.
- Handle escalations and participate directly in complex sales situations to negotiate and/or resolve disputes and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Regularly interact across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure objectives are met.
- Develop a deep understanding about obstacles to revenue growth and remove them wherever possible
What You Need:
A Bachelor’s degree with a business concentration is required.
- Must have 7+ years sales leadership experience in a technology organization.
- 7+ years of experience managing a sales team quota.
- 7+ years of experience working with sales technology and CRM.
- Must possess expertise in selling strategies and methodologies, strategic planning and execution with Fortune 500 level accounts
- High Level Market, Business, Sales and technical knowledge across networking, mobile, telco spaces.
- Ability to maintain a deep understanding of the sales pipeline, trends and potential risk.
- Strong problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations
- Ability to lead sales team in all areas of the sales cycle
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and conflict resolution ability
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- Work Laptop & Mobile phone with a competitive subscription plan, and an internet allowance to support the costs of the Internet at home
- We contribute 8% of monthly gross salary into your private pension
- Health & Travel insurance, with extensive coverage and a simple claim process
- Extensive employee assistance resources, offering advice, and support on a range of issues including childcare & eldercare research, debt & budgeting, and work-related issues
- Cycle to work scheme and an onsite gym
- 24 days annual leave per year and 1 additional day every 3 years
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.