Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
What We Are Looking For:
The Web Developer will be on the marketing team to help develop, maintain, and improve state of the art web experiences at Bandwidth. This individual will be given a high level of visibility with the freedom and potential to make an immediate impact. The Web Developer will be mentored and supported by two sr-level web developers who will work alongside the candidate to ensure learning and growth skills are developed.
What You’ll Do:
- Write well designed and efficient code using web development best practices
- Take web designs and prototypes from concept to completion
- Ensure implementation of web development best practices including responsive design, web performance, cross-browser compliance, and accessibility
- Work collaboratively with marketing team members and other cross-functional Bandwidth departments
- Create and maintain software documentation and processes
- Identify, diagnose and fix minor bugs
- Work within repository branches, merging code, and pushing code via git or a git client
- Enjoy creating simple, effective, efficient and clean code to power new sections and landing pages as well as refactoring and improving existing code.
- Support current Bandwidth marketing web developers with ongoing projects, tasks, campaigns and daily activities
- Continuously present creative and new ideas to web strategy team for evaluation and implementation
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher web development or related field such as computer science, interaction design, etc.
- 1-3 years experience in web development
- Experience with content management systems (WordPress preferred)
- Templating experience
- Hands-on experience setting up and maintaining web applications including website/server updates, DNS management, user management, redirects, security best practices, and hosting.
- Experience working with repositories, branches and deploying code via Git.
- Basic knowledge of marketing website best practices including SEO and performance.
- Knowledge of how Google Analytics and Tag Manager works and how to optimize
- 1-3 years web development experience either working for an agency or functioning as a web developer within an Enterprise level marketing department. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is a plus, but not necessary.
- 1-3 years hands on web development experience
- Knowledge of how to set up and manage web hosting and domain names; WordPress plugin development; Knowledge of A/B testing and behavioral tracking tools; Knowledge of CSS pre-processors;
- Expertise in WordPress and PHP, functional knowledge of Advanced Custom Fields
The Whole Person Promise:
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- 100% company-paid Medical, Vision, & Dental coverage for you and your family with low deductibles and low out-of-pocket expenses.
- All new hires receive four weeks of PTO.
- PTO Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your PTO – not even with email.
- Additional PTO can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges.
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild.
- 90-Minute Workout Lunches and unlimited meetings with our very own nutritionist.
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.