Calling ID Lookup/Caller Name Lookup
Calling ID Lookup is a function that allows Bandwidth customers to use a phone number from an inbound call to search for the corresponding caller ID. When Bandwidth delivers an inbound phone call, our customers can use an API function called ‘CNAM Lookup’ to input the phone number, and query the caller ID. You can think of it as ‘do it yourself’ caller ID.
Using Calling ID Lookup with Bandwidth
Bandwidth makes an API available that acts as a query service for our customers to input a phone number, and return the caller ID. Bandwidth uses a REST API to make this process fast and easy to use for our customers.
What are the Benefits of Bandwidth’s Calling ID Lookup
Bandwidth makes this available through an easy to use, and fast, REST API.
Where We Talk About Calling ID Lookup
On our site
In our downloads
- McLeod Software Uses Bandwidth Messaging API to Keep Truckers Coordinated on the Move
- Pinger Looks to Bandwidth to Automatically Provide a Phone Number with Every App Download
- Real Estate CRM Boomtown Tracks Every Interaction with Bandwidth Messaging
Terms Related to Calling ID Lookup
- Automatic Number Identification (ANI)
- Caller Name (CNAM)
- Phone Numbers
- Dialed Number Identification Service (DNIS)
Return to full list
Our lawyers have asked us to remind you that, in the event of any conflict between these defined terms and the defined terms included in any agreement between you and Bandwidth, the agreement controls.
“Bandwidth” refers to Bandwidth Inc. and/or Bandwidth.com CLEC, LLC.