Moving to VoIP? Don’t let 9-1-1 hold you back!
If you’re unfamiliar (like most of us!) with how 9-1-1 technology works behind the scenes, it’s not as simple as one might think to turn a simple three digit call into a life-saving experience. Moving your voice services to the cloud introduces challenges to dialing 9-1-1 — multiple locations, building, suite or office locations on a campus, and the increased mobility that comes with having a phone that’s not tied to traditional wiring are just a few things that complicate 9-1-1 when moving to VoIP. Cloud-based VoIP requires 9-1-1 planning–identifying your challenges and how to address them, is the first step to ensuring that emergency services arrive when, and where, they’re needed.
What We Cover:
- Implications you may experience when moving to the cloud
- Where to begin and what to do when moving to VoIP–How to seamlessly integrate E9-1-1 with your voice platform
- The differences between dialing from VoIP and Unified Communications systems
- Dynamic Location Routing and managing multiple locations
- 9-1-1 Considerations for nomadic VoIP applications
- Multi-Line Telephone Systems (MLTS) Compliance