Senior Software Developer (Emergency Services)
Who We Are:
Bandwidth (NASDAQ: BAND) is a global communications software company that helps enterprises connect people around the world with cloud-ready voice, messaging and emergency services. Backed by a network reaching 60+ countries covering 90 percent of global GDP, companies like Cisco, Google, Microsoft, RingCentral, Uber and Zoom use Bandwidth’s APIs to easily embed communications into software and applications. Bandwidth has more than 20 years in the technology space and was the first Communications Platform-as-a-Service (CPaaS) provider to offer a robust selection of APIs built around our own global network. Our award-winning support teams help businesses around the world solve complex communications challenges every day.
At Bandwidth, your music matters when you are part of the BAND. We celebrate differences and encourage BANDmates to be their authentic selves. #jointheband
Our Hiring Team Mission
On the Emergency Services (ES) team, our mission is to be a global leader in emergency communication services. We lead by executing innovative solutions to connect people in need to first responders with fast, reliable, accurate emergency services all over the globe. To sum it up, our mission is purposeful because we save lives for a living.
What We Are Looking For:
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer who gets things done and loves developing world-class, highly scalable, cloud based applications. We’re seeking somebody who is a maker, a hacker, and a software craftsman. If your idea of fun is losing track of time while geeking out over a new web framework, we’d like to talk to you.
What You’ll Do
- You’re gonna write great code and lots of it.
- You’ll be a member of an agile software development team, and a leading voice in your team’s design and implementation efforts.
- You’ll collaborate with peers to build and refactor code that is both readable and reliable due to its inherent lack of complexity.
- You’ll also look critically at what we’re building and how we’re building it, and you’ll originate ideas and activities that advance our craft.
What You’ll Need
If you’re our person, you probably look like this:
- You enjoy having your head in the Cloud (particularly the AWS Cloud)
- You enjoy an iterative, MVP-first environment.
- You enjoy helping others be successful
- You are very passionate about your craft of building services with programming languages such as Java, C#, or Go. Our cord stack is Java.
- You’re passionate about writing testable code, and your non-complex test automation proves it
- You’re a student of software craftsmanship, always looking for new and better ways to build things
- You have experience building web services
- You understand network protocols, HTTP, and REST
- You’re familiar with relational and non-relational database systems
- You have experience writing testable code and test automation patterns
Little Extra From You
Wow, it’d be really cool if:
- You have experience with AWS or another cloud platform, and you “get” how scalable cloud applications are engineered
- You have experience in Java and Spring.
- An understanding of network protocols, HTTP, and REST
- You’ve built and deployed applications in the cloud (such as AWS or GCP)
- You have experience with test automation patterns and frameworks
- You have experience with scale and performance optimization.
- You have experience with relational and non-relational database systems.
- You have experience with front-end technologies (React or Angular for extra points)
Little Extra For You
At Bandwidth, we’re pretty proud of our corporate culture, which is rooted in our “Whole Person Promise.” We promise all employees that they can have meaningful work AND a full life, and we provide a work environment geared toward enriching your body, mind, and spirit. How do we do that? Well…
- You’re guaranteed to be given “work that matters.” If you ain’t feelin’ that, let us know. We’ll fix it.
- With our Hacker Hours program, you get protected time to learn, experiment, and build with the technology you want to! You can even submit projects to our yearly Hack-of-the-Year competition complete with awards and prizes
- Free access to a Linkedin learning business licence account to further enhance your learning
- Health: We pay 100% for benefits coverage including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life, and Disability. Corporate chaplains, EAP and 401K match.
- Fitness: 90-minute fitness lunches with a gym reimbursement and unlimited virtual meetings with our very own nutritionist.
- Time-Off Embargo. When you take time off (of any kind!) you’re embargoed from working. Bandmates and managers are not allowed to interrupt your time-off – not even with email
- “Mahalo moments” program grants additional time off for life’s most important moments like graduations, buying a first home, getting married, wedding anniversaries (every five years), and the birth of a grandchild
- Volunteer: We have a program dedicated to providing volunteer opportunities to employees, BandwidthCares. Additional time-off can be earned throughout the year through volunteer hours and Bandwidth challenges
Are you excited about the position and its responsibilities, but not sure if you’re 100% qualified? Do you feel as if you can work to help us crush the mission? If you answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, we encourage you to apply! You won’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of the BAND.
Colorado Pay Transparency
Colorado Compensation Range