DS3 stands for “Digital Signal Level 3.” A DS3 is a type of circuit.
How is Bandwidth Involved with DS3
In each market, or LATA, Bandwidth has at least one (sometimes multiple, for heavy traffic markets). The DS3 is a Point to Point (P2P) circuit, that has one end attached to the LEC’s central office, and the other to a Bandwidth data center. This ‘pipe’ helps calls deliver from LEC switching/equipment to Bandwidth followed by our customer and then ultimately reaching the end customer.
What are the Benefits of Bandwidth’s DS3
Bandwidth uses DS3 in order to ensure that our services are efficiently and successfully being transported from their origination source to the intended end user. By using DS3, calls are being connected and our customers can be confident in their voice integrations. Bandwidth has an extensive background within the telecommunications industry and the evolution of communications software. As an industry leader, Bandwidth handles communications channels from start to finish so you can focus on what matters most to your business.
Where We Talk About DS3
On our site
- Bandwidth Phone Numbers
- Bandwidth Docs for Developers
- Hello! Can you hear me now? What network parameters affect voice quality in VoIP
In our downloads
- SIP Trunking FAQ
- UC Voice – Understand How Bandwidth’s Voice Service Works for UC Providers
- What is SIP Trunking?
Terms Related to DS3
- Bandwidth Phone Numbers Dashboard
- Local Access and Transport Area (LATA)
- Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS)
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP)