A RESTful API is an application program interface (API) that uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE data. Using a REST API with callbacks (or webhooks) allows for a robust, scalable, asynchronous API model.
How Bandwidth is Involved with REST APIs
Bandwidth provides a REST API for phone number management and line features, and another REST API for sending and receiving phone calls and text messages. Bandwidth also offers a Voice XML model for call control called BXML.
What Are the Benefits of Bandwidth’s REST APIs
Using Bandwidth’s REST API allows for extreme call control flexibility. Each phone call can be modified in real time and at any time while the call is active. Calls can be bridged and unbridged as needed to build unique experiences to fit any use-case.
Where We Talk About REST APIs
On our site
- Bandwidth Voice & Messaging APIs
- Making the Switch to Bandwidth
- Bandwidth Dashboard Interactive REST API Documentation
In our downloads
- HTC Expands Its Coverage at a Fraction of the Cost with Bandwidth
- McLeod Software Uses Bandwidth Messaging API to Keep Truckers Coordinated on the Move
- Bandwidth Network Services Overview
Our lawyers have asked us to remind you that, in the event of any conflict between these defined terms and the defined terms included in any agreement between you and Bandwidth, the agreement controls.
“Bandwidth” refers to Bandwidth Inc. and/or Bandwidth.com CLEC, LLC.