This is part 2 of the State of Messaging 2023: Realization.
The realization is that 2023 is 2022 revamped; refresh your knowledge of requirements and carrier best practices, understand the reality of a great CX being table stakes, and evaluate if global messaging is within your reach.
What does a great CX look like in 2023?
Ready for a mind-blowing stat? Only 44% of companies will increase their investment in their CX (Customer Experience) initiatives. It’s crazy to think that almost half of businesses don’t see the value of CX when it’s clear that’s why consumers stick around.
So, how can you make your brand CX stand out from your competitors? SMS can be a powerful CX feature in your customer’s journey, and we’re here to show why it’s worth the investment.
SMS and CX are a match made in heaven
SMS and CX can be a powerful combination in the omnichannel experience. Here’s how messaging improves your 2023 CX:
Flexible customer convenience: Texting provides a simple way for customers to communicate with a business. For example, rescheduling package arrivals or appointments with a simple “yes/no” text allows for easy interaction for the customer.
Improving customer satisfaction: SMS can be a proactive tool in the customer’s experience and preventing dissatisfaction. As a consumer yourself, you know the frustration of an airline canceling your flight or your favorite band delaying their concert, but as a brand, you can prevent disasters like that by using SMS for real-time, high-visibility alerts. A text notification from the airline offering alternative flights or the concert venue proactively refunding the concert tickets, significantly impacts customer sentiment and retention.
Enhances the product experience: Messaging can be valuable in sending prompt alerts regarding business updates or special promotions. It keeps the customer up-to-date on the latest happenings without having to do any extra work on their part.
These numbers don’t lie
You don’t have to take our word for it! Implementing CX as an essential strategy for business growth and success.
Why you should invest in CX:
- 74% of customers will likely buy a product based on a favorable CX.
- 96% of customers feel that customer service is crucial for brand loyalty.
- 77% of the customers who experience positive CX are likely to recommend the brand to a friend.
- 66% of customers want brands to understand and address their needs.
The research speaks for itself! Having a great CX means exceeding customers’ expectations with ease and grace.
A CX-led SMS delivers marketing ROI
Adding messaging to your CX strategy means meeting customers where they are-their phones! SMS messaging has a 98% open rate compared to email marketing, and most businesses report SMS click-through rates between 20% and 35%. Texting is the way to go to streamline customer interactions.
The most popular SMS marketing use cases
With modern smartphones and text messaging technology, you can create a unique customer experience.
Here are some examples of SMS marketing in action:
- Promotions – Sending promotions via text improves the odds that your customers will see them. And that’s how they want you to contact them! ~75% of consumers want businesses to contact them using SMS messages. So, meet customers where they are by going digital with texting!
- Coupons – With texting, companies can send coupons to consumers who have opted-in to receive them and reach a wider audience without needing physical mail. From the looks of it’s what customers prefer anyway. A 2022 Klaviyo report found that 50% of consumers want to see more coupons sent via text.
- Flash sales – Flash sales are a fast and highly successful business marketing strategy. The CTR for special offers via text is 9.18%, and 75% of customers want special offers via SMS. Time-sensitive events (hello, holidays!) are a great way to remind customers of retail sales or deals. It can re-spark interest in your offerings and increase the chances of taking advantage of your deals.
How SMS creates a powerful 2023 CX
Adding SMS to your CX strategy drives customer engagement, retention, and acquisition. Yet, only 44% of companies will increase their investment in their CX initiatives. Not advancing your CX is detrimental to your business! ~32% of all customers will stop doing business with a brand after one bad experience.
Text messaging is a channel where timely communication can be with your customers.
Here are a few ways SMS buffs up your CX:
- Personalized conversations: SMS allows you to engage with your customers. This gives your brand an authentic voice and establishes trust with your audience.
- Scalability: Bulk SMS means sending messages instantaneously to your customers. It’s speedy and provides massive reach. It’s also a great alternative to inbound emails, which can be costly and time-consuming.
- Multiple touchpoints: Repurpose SMS for various moments in the buyer’s journey. Examples include business updates, customer support, or prompt product/service feedback to keep consumers aware and informed.
The messaging reality for 2023
According to a 2022 Gartner report, 27% of application leaders cite their organization’s resistance to change as a significant reason for not improving their CX. This can significantly impact your marketing ROI and customer loyalty.
Investing in technology that can streamline your CX (cough, cough, SMS) is important. Utilizing Messaging APIs can allow you to send SMS, MMS (our brand customer, Verb Energy, is having particular success with this one!), toll-free SMS, and group messages with just a few lines of code.
Don’t miss out on messaging-led opportunities
By 2025, 80% of customer service organizations will have abandoned native mobile apps in favor of messaging for a better customer experience. In 2023, you can’t ignore how impactful a great CX can be, especially when combined with messaging. We’ve covered the basics here, but for a more in-depth look, read our 2023 State of Messaging ebook for more best practices.
2023 is the year to take your business messaging to the next level – don’t forget to check out our 1st blog and 3rd blog. For a more in-depth view, check out all our findings in the annual State of Messaging 2023 ebook. Also, be on the lookout for our webinar, where you can learn from leading experts in the messaging industry.