Direct Routing allows a user to connect a supported SBC (Session Border Control), via the Microsoft Phone System, to just about any SIP Trunk or on-premise PSTN (Public Switched Telephone Network). Incoming and outgoing calls are passed through the Microsoft Teams client before being delivered to the end user.
How is Bandwidth Involved with Direct Routing?
As a cloud-native carrier built for the enterprise, Bandwidth gives you all the building blocks you need to build your perfect communications solution: voice services, 911 access, and robust phone number management capabilities. Bandwidth is the only Direct Routing provider that offers both SIP and E911 in a single, integrated solution. When you partner with Bandwidth through Direct Routing, you can:
- Connect to the Public Switch Telecom Network (PSTN)
- Implement more scalable SIP trunking
- Directly control disaster recovery and IP failover
- Trigger ports, order, instantly provision and manage numbers in real time
- Easily access calling and billing detail records
- Integrate voice, 911 access, and messaging via APIs
- Access preferred pricing
- Support 911 call routing with dynamic location for nomadic users
- Provide 911 call notifications to key personnel
When it comes to powering the voice calling behind Microsoft Teams, you have the power of choice—and Bandwidth is the best one. We own and operate one of the nation’s largest all-IP voice networks, and are trusted by Microsoft as a direct routing provider.