Number portability, which is required by applicable rules and procedures established by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), allows customers or end users to transfer their telephone numbers to other providers. Carriers also may have individualized systems and processes to handle porting activity. There may be unique processes and procedures from one carrier to the next.
How is Bandwidth Involved with Number Portability
Bandwidth allows the customer to check number portability prior to submitting a port. This helps prevent any rejections for coverage.
What are the Benefits of Number Portability
Moving a phone number from one phone carrier to another can be a daunting task. Bandwidth handles number porting smoothly with our easy-to-use, and easy-to-understand number porting form.
To begin the process of porting numbers to Bandwidth’s network, the first thing we recommend is checking to ensure that the telephone numbers are portable and can be submitted on the same port request. You can accomplish this by clicking on Port Numbers in the Phone Numbers Dashboard.
Where We Talk About Number Portability
In our downloads
- Automate Ordering & Porting Phone Numbers
- Phone Numbers Mean Business – Why Number Porting is the Last Mile to Customer Satisfaction
- VOIPo Transforms Their Porting Experience Thanks to Bandwidth Phone Number APIs
Terms Related to Number Portability
- Port Order Number (PON)
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Number Portability Administration Center (NPAC)